Corn Flakes Chicken Burger
- 1 chicken breast
- 3 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 ½ cups water
- 1 ½ tablespoons plain flour
- 1 egg
- 2 cups Kellogg's® Corn Flakes
- 3 tablespoons whole egg mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Harissa paste
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon of paprika
- Dash milk
- Dash Salt
- 2 brioche buns
- 1 Ripe tomato, sliced
- 1 handful Iceberg lettuce, sliced
1. Cut chicken breast through the middle into flat-looking burger sized portions.
2. Soak in water with the salt and sugar to tenderise for two hours
3. Place the Kellogg’s ® Corn Flakes in a bag and crush with a rolling pin. Turn out on to a plate for coating.
4. To make the batter: whisk the egg, garlic powder, pepper, paprika and a pinch of salt with flour and a dash of milk to mix a thick, runny consistency.
5. Dry the chicken with paper towel, coat in the batter and cover well in the crushed Kellogg’s® Corn Flakes.
6. Bake on an oven tray lined with baking paper at 190 degrees for 20 minutes. The chicken is cooked when juices run clear.
7. To build the burger, mix the mayo and harissa together and coat each side of the bun. Place the chicken on top with fresh tomato slices and lettuce. Enjoy!