Gluten Free Chocolate Afghans
- 200 grams butter
- 75 grams sugar
- 175 grams gluten free plain flour
- ¼ cup raisins
- 1 dessert spoon golden syrup
- 25 grams cocoa powder
- 50 grams Kellogg's® Corn Flakes Gluten Free
- ¼ block dark cooking chocolate
- 100 millilitre cream
- 250 grams soft icing mixture
- 1 handful walnuts to decorate the top
1. Soften butter, add sugar and beat until creamy.
2. Mix in the flour and cocoa and fold in Corn Flakes®, golden syrup and raisins.
3. Place spoonfuls of the mixture onto a greased oven tray and bake for 15 minutes at 180 degrees.
4. Remove the afghans from oven and leave to cool before icing.
5. For the icing, heat the chocolate and cream over a low heat, stirring constantly until combined. Remove from the heat and whisk in icing sugar to achieve a thick, shiny and smooth consistency.
6. Smooth a spoonful of icing on to each afghan, and garnish with a whole walnut.