Almond & Poppy Seed Loaf
There’s nothing like a homemade loaf. This Almond and Poppy Seed loaf is not only healthy, it is high in fibre and also easy, with the addition of Kellogg’s All Bran. Indulge by adding yoghurt icing.
- 1 1/2 cups plain flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds
- 1 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original
- 1 cup reduced fat milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted almonds
Optional Yoghurt Icing
- 2/3 cup Greek Yoghurt
- 1 cup icing sugar
- Juice of 1 lemon
1. In medium bowl, mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and poppy seeds. Set aside.
2. In large mixing bowl, mix together cereal and milk. Let stand for 5 minutes or until cereal is softened.
3. Stir in eggs, oil, vanilla and almond extract. Add almonds and flour mixture, stirring only until combined.
4. Spread batter evenly in 22 x 11 cm (8 1/2 x 4 1/2-inch) loaf pan coated with non-stick cooking spray.
5. Bake at 180°C (350°F) for about 50 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in centre comes out clean. Let cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan. Let cool completely on wire rack before slicing, and then wrap with plastic wrap.
6. To make icing, place the yoghurt and icing sugar in a medium mixing bowl and combine using electric beaters. Slowly add in the lemon juice and beat until icing is glossy and smooth. Transfer loaf to a serving platter and drizzle over the yoghurt icing.
Add a touch of cinnamon to your yoghurt icing for additional spice.