Apple and Spice Biscuits
Filled with fruit, honey and spices, with extra texture and crunch from Rice Bubbles, these biscuits are not only a quick and easy snack to make, they are also a crowd pleaser that will be sure to impress your friends. Store in an airtight container for a great snack with your afternoon coffee or after dinner snack.
- 1 1/4 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/4 cup apple puree
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 egg whites, beaten lightly
- 3 cups Kellogg's® Rice Bubbles® (crushed to 1 cup)
- 2 1/2 cups self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
2. Beat sugar and margarine in a small bowl with an electric mixer until combined and light in colour; transfer to a large bowl.
3. Stir in apple puree, honey, and egg whites (the mixture will appear curdled at this stage).
4. Stir in combined Kellogg's® Rice Bubbles®, sifted flour and spices and then mix until well combined.
5. Roll level tablespoons of mixture into balls; then place them 5cm apart on lightly greased oven trays.
6. Press down lightly with a fork.
7. Bake in oven for about 8 minutes or until lightly browned.
8. Cool on wire racks.
9. Store in airtight container.