Apple Crumble Slice
- 2 cups Kellogg's® Rice Bubbles®
- 3/4 cup wholemeal self raising flour
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup grated apple
- 125g dried figs, chopped
- 75g sultanas
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup low fat natural yogurt
- 2 tablespoons vegetable or olive oil
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
2. Combine Kellogg's® Rice Bubbles®, flour, oats, cinnamon, grated apples, figs and sultanas in a large bowl.
3. Beat together maple syrup, yoghurt, oil and egg. Add to dry ingredients. then mix well.
4. Spoon into a greased, paper lined 31 x 21cm rectangular tin.
5. To make topping, mix together brown sugar and oats and sprinkle over slice. Bake in moderate oven (180°C) for 35–40 minutes or until well browned.
6. Cool in tin and then cut into squares.
Tested by The Australian Women's Weekly Test Kitchen.