Apricot Bubble Balls
- 3 cups Kellogg's® Rice Bubbles®, crushed to 1 1/2 cups
- 1/3 cup shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup dried apricots, finely chopped
- 125g margarine, melted
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
2. Combine Kellogg's® Rice Bubbles®, sugar, coconut, sifted flour and apricots in a large bowl. Stir in combined margarine, honey and water; mix well.
3. Form level tablespoons of mixture into balls using your hands, pressing the mixture firmly together; place on baking paper-lined oven trays.
4. Bake, uncovered, in oven for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
5. Cool on trays.
Serving Suggestion: Decorate with coloured icing and silver cachous if desired.
Tip: You can buy coloured icing in individual tubes at your local supermarket. As an alternative, mix icing sugar mixture with a little water until of piping consistency, then tint with your child's favourite food colouring.