- 1 1/4 cups Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original
- 1 cup reduced fat milk
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1/3 cup lightly packed brown sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3/4 cup shredded carrot (about 1 large carrot)
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped, unsalted almonds
- 1/4 cup roasted, sunflower seeds
- 1/3 cup shredded coconut, divided
1. In medium bowl, combine cereal and milk. Let stand for about 2 minutes or until cereal softens.
2. In large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Set aside.
3. Add egg, oil and carrot to cereal mixture; beat well. Add liquid mixture to dry ingredients, stirring only until just combined. Fold in mixture of raisins, almonds, sunflower seeds and ¼ cup (50 mL) coconut. Portion batter evenly into 12 (2½”/6.5 cm) non-stick muffin pan cups, lightly coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle each with portion of remaining coconut.
4. Bake in 400°F (200°C) oven for 20 minutes or until tops spring back when lightly touched.
Tip: You can substitute about 1 cup (250 mL) of your choice of chopped dried fruits and nuts if you don’t have raisins, almonds, sunflower seeds and coconut on hand. These ingredients - along with the bran - contribute dietary fibre, which is part of a healthy diet.
Fibre per muffin = 5.2 g (15% daily fibre needs)