Celebration Bread Ring
- 2 cups plain wholemeal flour
- 1 cup self raising flour
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 tsp bicarbonate soda
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups mixed fruit
- 2 cups Kellogg's® Sultana Bran
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- 2 Tbsp of hot water
- 1/4 cup mixed fruit
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
1. Pre-heat oven to 180°C.
2. Place all bread ingredients into a food processor except the mixed fruit and the Sultana Bran. Combine well and turn out onto a floured board.
3. Using your hands, knead the Kellogg's® Sultana Bran and mixed fruit through the dough. Shape the dough into a long roll. Press dough into a lightly oiled fluted ring tin 24cm in diameter.
4. Bake on the middle shelf for 30 minutes.
5. Remove from oven and place onto a cooling rack.
6. When cool, combine icing sugar and hot water and drizzle over the cake ring. Decorate the top with the mixed fruit and walnuts.
7. Serve immediately sliced with unsalted/reduced salt margarine.
Tip: Instead of buttermilk use 1 cup of regular milk with the juice of one lemon.