Date and Spice Muffins
- 1 1/4 cups Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original
- 1 1/2 cups skim milk
- 1 egg, separated
- 60g margarine, melted
- 3/4 cup chopped dates
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 1/2 cups self raising flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
- 1; egg white, extra
- topping, Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original
1. Place Kellogg's® All-Bran® and milk in a large bowl and stand for 5 minutes until softened.
2. Beat in egg yolk, margarine, honey and dates.
3. Sift flour and spices together.
4. Stir in the sugar and add to the Kellogg's® All-Bran® mixture, being careful not to over beat.
5. Fold in stiffly beaten egg whites.
6. Spoon mixture into a lightly greased muffin tray and sprinkle each muffin with some All-Bran®.
7. Bake at 190°C for 20 minutes or until cooked.