Fruit and Nut Delight
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 100ml water
- 1/3 cup apricots
- 1/3 cup sultanas
- 1/3 cup prunes
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts
- 1/3 cup whole almonds
- 1/3 cup walnuts
- 1/3 cup toasted coconut
- 3 cups Kellogg's® Just Right® Original
- 600ml hot milk or soy milk
1. In a medium size pot, combine syrup ingredients and bring to the boil.
2. Reduce to medium heat and simmer until liquid is reduced by 1/3.
3. Remove from heat and add the apricots, sultanas and prunes.
4. Allow to soak overnight or for at least 1 hour.
5. Pre heat oven to 180°C.
6. Place the nuts onto a baking tray and place in the oven for 3-4 minutes.
7. Add the coconut and Kellogg's® Just Right® cereal to the baking tray and return to oven for a further 3-4 minutes.
8. Remove from oven and place onto a cool plate to prevent further cooking.
9. Add the nuts and poached fruit to the toasted cereal and mix well.
10. Pour over hot or cold milk and serve with slices of fresh fruit.
Tip: This recipe works well with fruit juice instead of milk. Try adding low fat yoghurt as well.