Ginger Star Biscuits
- 125g margarine
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 cups Kellogg's® Rice Bubbles®, crushed finely to 1 cup
- 1 1/2 cups self-raising flour
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup, warmed
1. Preheat oven to 160°C.
2. Beat the margarine, sugar and egg yolk in a medium bowl with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
3. Gradually stir in Kellogg's® Rice Bubbles®, sifted flour, ground ginger and golden syrup; mix well.
4. Bring dough together using hands; lightly knead to a smooth dough.
5. Roll to ½ cm thickness on a lightly floured surface; cut out shapes from the dough using a 5 cm star cutter.
6. Re-roll dough to cut out remaining biscuits.
7. Place on baking paper-lined oven trays.
8. Bake, uncovered, in the oven for 20 minutes or until browned.
9. Allow to cool slightly on trays; transfer to a wire rack.
Serving suggestion: Decorate with coloured icing and mini sugar snowflakes if desired.
Tip: We used star cutters. If you don't have cookie cutters at home, then try making your own template by cutting out a shape from a piece of cardboard. Place the shape on the dough and cut round it using a sharp knife.