Grilled Salmon All-Bran Pilaf
This is the ultimate proof that cereal can be enjoyed at any time of the day. This grilled salmon with Kellogg’s All Bran pilaf dish is perfect for those wanting a delicious lunch or dinner dish. Recipe courtesy of Meg Hewitt developed specially for the Kellogg’s X Kawa Cereal Café in Sydney.
- ¾ cup brown rice
- ¼ cup black or wild rice
- 1 ½ cup veggie stock
- 2 cups of mixed chopped veggies (carrot, squash, zucchini, mushrooms)
- 2 tablespoons chopped celery
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- ½ teaspoon curry powder
- 1 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original
- 4 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 3 portions salmon
- Dash oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
1. Place rice and stock in a saucepan and cook covered on a low heat. Once all of the liquid has been absorbed, keep the pot covered whilst preparing the rest of the dish, and the rice will keep cooking off the heat.
2. In a small saucepan, fry garlic, curry powder, celery and chopped veggies with a dash of olive oil for one minute.
3. Toss through the rice mixture adding the chopped parsley and All Bran®.
4. Grill the salmon to your liking and serve on top of the rice pilaf with a wedge of lemon.
5. Whisk the dressing ingredients together and drizzle over the salmon and rice.