Stuffed Zucchini Boats
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 small chopped tomato
- 1/2 tsp ground oregano
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 1/2 cup Kellogg’s® All Bran®
- 1/4 cup dried bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup shredded, part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce or any prepared tomato-based pasta sauce
- 2 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 medium zucchini (about 20 cm/ 8" long)
1. Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F). Crush All-Bran Original® cereal. Set aside.
2. Cut zucchini in half lengthwise. Using a small spoon, scoop out centre flesh of zucchini, roughly chop and set aside. Place hollowed out zucchini shells in the bottom of a lightly greased, shallow baking dish.
3. In medium skillet heat oil over medium-high heat. Add celery, green pepper, onions garlic, and reserved, chopped zucchini flesh. Saute for 4-5 minutes until softened. Remove from heat and stir in tomato, oregano, pepper, crushed All-Bran Original® cereal, bread crumbs and mozzarella.
4. Divide mixture evenly amongst hollowed out zucchini shells. Recipe can be made ahead to this point and refrigerated for up to 12 hours.
5. Spoon tomato sauce down the centre of each zucchini. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until zucchinis are tender, filling is hot and top is golden brown.