Wheat Bran Muffins
Hearty, moist and not too sweet, these muffins are molasses-sweetened for an extra rich flavour.
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cup Kellogg’s® All Bran®
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1. Combine flour, baking powder, soda and salt. Set aside.
2. In large bowl, combine cereal and milk. Let stand about 5 minutes, until cereal is softened. Add oil, molasses and egg.Mix well. Stir in raisins.
3. Add flour mixture, stirring just until combined. Portion batter evenly into 12 lightly greased or paper-lined 6 cm (2 1/2") muffin -pan cups.
4. Bake at 200°C (400°F) 20-22 minutes or until firm to the touch.
VARIATION: Add 5 ml (1 tsp) ground cinnamon and 2 ml (1/2 tsp) ground nutmeg to flour